Posted: May 13, 2020
Above: Lesson Plan: Nature Collage
In this video art lesson, students will be introduced to the artwork of Canadian artist Emily Neufeld, and guided through the steps in making a nature collage. To see more of Emily’s work, check out the Prairie Invasions: A Lullaby exhibition.
- Glue stick
- Leaves and flowers
- Heavy Books
- Watch the lesson by clicking the video to the right.
- Go for a nature walk, and collect natural samples. Look for different shapes, colours, and textures.
- Place the plant samples between two sheets of paper, and press under some heavy books. Leave to dry and flatten for 2 days to a week.
- Remove the books and carefully remove the plants from the paper.
- On a sheet of drawing paper or construction paper, arrange your dried plants.
- Apply glue with a glue stick to the paper, and carefully press the dried plant into the glue.
To learn more, check out these related links:
Prairie Invasions: A Lullaby exhibition page
Video Interview with artist Emily Neufeld