|Sunday||12:00 PM – 5:00 PM|
|Monday||10:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Tuesday||10:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Wednesday||10:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Thursday||10:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Friday||10:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 PM – 5:00 PM|
Closed on statutory holidays.
We are seeking out Gallery Attendants to work one or two shifts a week, or on-call.
Art Gallery Attendant – Position Overview
Currently employment opportunities exist at the Richmond Art Gallery for part-time and on-call Gallery Attendants starting in October 2021.
Gallery Attendants help to create an accessible and enjoyable experience in the Art Gallery assisting visitors with a general understanding of current art exhibitions, while also focusing on protecting the art works. In addition to providing excellent customer service, Gallery Attendants play an essential role in gallery operations by monitoring the gallery spaces and assisting with administrative tasks.
These are part-time positions, working a minimum of 1 shift per week including weekday and weekend shifts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receiving the public: Greeting all visitors and offering information on exhibitions, programs, and memberships; Answering a wide range of general questions from visitors, in person, by phone and email in a courteous and respectful manner while upholding Gallery policies; booking tours for groups.
• Securing the gallery and its contents: Circulating frequently through the gallery to deter acts of vandalism, theft or negligence and ensure the safety of guests; Accounting for works of art in exhibitions, equipment and furniture upon opening and closing procedures and during regular rounds.
• Maintaining reception and gallery spaces: Working with all staff on various administrative duties such as membership database, attendance record updating, marketing mail outs, and online research; Ensuring reception, public areas and literature displays are organized and tidy.
• Part-time hours of a minimum of 1 day per week. Shifts are 4 to 4 ½ hours long.
• On-call positions to cover staff sickness and vacation times, may lead to a permanent shift.
• New Attendants are required to attend two orientation sessions prior to the start of duties. Once completed, all Attendants attend a 2-hour orientation session prior to the opening of each new exhibition.
• Currently all staff are required to masks while in the Cultural Centre and Art Gallery.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
• Minimum 2 years of experience dealing with the public in a customer service or hospitality environment. Hospitality-oriented individual with strong people skills is preferred.
• Friendly and outgoing, possessing strong communication skills to interact with diverse visitors.
• The ability to clearly speak, write and understand the English language. (Mandarin is an asset).
• Familiarity with art galleries/museums; strong interest in contemporary art.
• Proficient in MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Strong sense of responsibility, enthusiasm, diplomacy with the public, and comfortable working independently.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks during gallery events, as well as remain focused and attentive for long periods of time in a very quiet environment.
• On-call position – Must have flexible schedule and able to accept assignments on short notice.
Wage: $15.20 an hour
Send resume and cover letter via email to:
Kathy Tycholis, Education & Public Programs Coordinator : email@example.com
No phone calls please. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Deadline for application: October 15, 2021